Why Do I Call It a Drone Mission


I often use the term "Mission" when referring to flying my drone. So the question is, why do I call it a "Drone Mission". It all comes down to terminology. Bear with me while I use the analogy of American Football to explain my reasoning. There are several skill levels of football players. It usually begins in elementary/high school (Novice), continues on to college (Semi-Professional), and ultimately climaxes at the professional level. There are certain terminology that transpires as players progress through the various levels. It may start in the backyard as go out for a pass, but eventually ends up as run a route when reaching the college/professional level . If you go out for a pass you are basically running around with no objective but to catch the ball. If you run a route it is much more precise and all players on the team understand the play. As a licensed commercial pilot I consider myself a professional. Although my focus is photography and videography, I am first and foremost a drone pilot. When interacting with potential customers it is always best to present yourself as a professional. This is when terminology and consistency set the tone, and may very well be the deciding factor whether you get the job to fly the mission. It's about setting yourself apart from the competition. But to reach that point one must always present themselves as a professional, so the use of terminology sets the stage, and both the drone pilot and customer understand one another.




There is much more to flying a mission than terminology, but this is one more tool you can put in your toolbox. I hope you enjoyed, and as always Mahalo for stopping by. Please leave your comments and you can follow me by clicking on follow, or you can keep up with me on Twitter @DannyBaker0.

NEWS YOU CAN USE: 
Packing spare lithium batteries for an upcoming trip.https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/

Comments