Active Track




Active Track is a feature that allows my Phantom 4 drone to follow me. Although there are other drones that have similar features my intent is not to give you the pro's and con's of each drone, nor a tutorial; but to make you aware of the feature and how it can be used.  I performed this function solo so I needed to carry the controller with me, in case the drone decided to malfunction and become an independent operator. The first video was my first attempt using the active track feature which was a learning process for me. On the Phantom 4 Advanced there are three function you can use in the active track mode: Trace - Profile - Spotlight


The second video I wanted to show how the drone performed while ascending a steep hill. I was impressed, it maintained an even distance while I climbed to the top. This featured can be used for other purposes, such as tracking a surfer or following your car on a deserted road ect.

Two final thoughts, many of the more expensive drones have various features. I liken purchasing  high end drones to purchasing high end cameras, if you do not intend to use these features then it is probably best to purchase a basic model at a lower cost. Second, as always safety is first. Be aware of your surrounding avoid powerlines, trees, and other tall structures.

I hope you enjoyed and if you have any comments or questions please send me an email at danny.baker0@gmail.com DM me on Twitter @DannyBaker0 or comment in the comment section.

"I Learned From That"

Comments