Two Accessories I am Glad I Bought


I'm careful with my money and how I spend it. There are many accessories we can purchase for our equipment, but how often will you use them, and will it justify the cost. Companies are very creative with advertising their products, enticing consumers to purchase them. Just this week Amazon held a Prime Day Sale. It was all the rave the following day, people talking about the items they purchased. Their goal is to help you part with your hard earned money and line their pockets. Don't misread what I'm saying, because I like a good sale just like everyone else. However, there is a difference between a need and a want. Many years ago I was contemplating purchasing a macro lens for my camera. I really enjoy capturing photo's up close. I chose to purchase the much cheaper Extension Tube which as the name suggests extends the space between the camera body and the lens; which produces similar results, but at an affordable price. See the picture below.

When I purchased my drone I chose to fore go the plethora of accessories. And there are many to choose from. They say necessity is the mother of invention. The screen display for the DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Controller is bigger than most smart phones, but smaller than tablets. Using your finger to change settings can be difficult. Especially if you have large fingers. Several times while using the various features in the intelligent shooting mode, I got frustrated because it took several swipes with my finger to accomplish my objective. I knew of the stylus pen but was unsure if it would work on the controller. But after some thought, there was no reason I could think of why it wouldn't. And what the heck they are not that expensive. I purchased one, and I'm glad I did. It allows me to easily change the camera settings and switch back an forth from shooting video and snapping photographs. The second item I recently purchased is a set of neutral density filters. The above video was shot using the ND 4. This greatly enhances the texture and color of the video. I haven't been able to use the other filters that came with the set but I will. Although I knew about the neutral density filters, the stylus came to mind while thinking, how can I make it easier to use the different functions on the touch screen. In both cases there was a need and by acting on my intuition "I Learned From That.  If you enjoyed this blog please let me know. Also if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible. I always post a link to my blog on twitter so you can also follow me  @DannyBaker0

Stylus Pen
Neutral Density Filters









Comments