WHEN IMAGINATION BECOMES REALITY


Even when I am not actively photographing, I am constantly taking mental note or visualizing. I believe most of us do this subconsciously. This is not specific to photographers and can be applied to life in general. I often return to those places. I wrote a blog about returning to the same place and expecting different results. I call this "Photographers' Insanity". Photographers Insanity I Learned From That  However, this blog is somewhat different. I captured this shot at Hamakua Marsh on the windward side of Oahu. This is an excellent place to see some of Hawaii's native bird species. The tree stump that the Black Crowned Night Heron (Auku'u) is sitting on, I had often imagined what it would be like if a bird was perched atop. Low and behold months later while photographing the birds, I turned around and there it was, my imagination came to fruition. Is this a perfect shot, no, is this the exact shot I wanted, no, but I knew time was not on my side. Birds and wild life in general do not make a habit of posing for photographers.  My theory proved true, time was not on my side. As I was snapping shots trying to get a better one, the heron was soon off to a more tranquil place in the marsh. Understanding what I wanted, and returning to the spot I envisioned, I was able to capture a shot I had imagined. "I Learned From That".

Comments